£28-35k, dependant on experience
About the role
Kayo are seeking an enthusiastic Wordpress developer to join our talented team. You'll need to be able to demonstrate building Wordpress websites with custom themes. As part of this experience, you'll naturally have picked up a decent knowledge of PHP and be itching to expand on this foundation and learn more about bespoke web development on other platforms.
We’re looking for a developer with a “can-do” attitude and bundles of enthusiasm – passion is an absolute must.
- Demonstrable experience building Wordpress websites
- Familiarity with Photoshop or Sketch
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Strong eye for look and feel
- Good understanding of SEO principles ensuring that your work adheres to them
- Shopify theme and/or app development
- Magento theme and/or extension development
- GIT version control
Our web team is here to get the job done and developers are expected to decide when to collaborate with colleagues on tasks where their ability falls short. You will be responsible for:
- General development, maintenance and deployment of websites.
- Working collaboratively with your team and external resources to deliver project requirements.
- Staying current with new technologies and be able to apply these to projects as applicable.
- Providing accurate time and resource estimates to assist in the planning of projects / works.
- Encouraging and adhering to best practices. Testing, W3C standards, accessibility, usability, Kayo coding conventions.
- Liaising with clients during project life cycle and beyond where necessary.
How to apply
In 1-2 sentences tell us why you want to work at Kayo Digital. Please include your CV. Do not include a cover letter. Please also include your current salary and expectations for your career at Kayo.
Get in touch with your CV and answers to the above by emailing email@example.com. Please mention where you found the role advertised.
Have you got what it takes to be part of Team Kayo?